If you have any questions feel free to email Ms. Schmit
The buttons below are links to: notes for the Research part of your projects and choice boards for some project ideas. Even if you've done these before, this is your chance to take it to the next level. For the Choice boards, you can focus on one option or merge ideas together to create the project. Below is a checklist for what you need to keep track of to be able to turn them in once your teacher is all set up. I don't have a way to collect or grade your work for now, so just keep everything and Take Pictures of what you are getting done with each day.
- Brainstorming Evidence
- Planning/practice sketches
- Research(content for ideas and source images)
- Daily Progress images
- Final project
- Materials- use what you have, if you want to check out supplies, just email Ms. Schmit
How you incorporate those things into your process, are creative choices you need to make but you need to be applying them at some point in your process or each project. If you are unfamiliar with any of those things let me know and I can share some more materials with you. We are expecting you to demonstrate your level of mastery of skills with this work and show you are using the time given effectively. Just do your genuine best and you'll be fine!
Student Shape Planning Example
Only thing that would make the practice sketches stronger would be to experiment with totally different compositions. They are too similar but overall this is a good start.
Student Shape Project Example
Media: Ink on paper
Example of Evaluation Process
The rubric below what is used to evaluate all work submitted. All my rubrics are some variation of the one below. Under it is an example of how the rubric specifically relates to the Student Shape Project Example.
Skill: 95% Great work for a self directed project.
- To shift this to a stronger composition shifted the symmetry off center just a bit; doing that would help add just a little more dynamics to it but having the figures at the bottom help to start doing that some as well.
- love the sharp crisp edges of the shapes, especially with using ink. Texture of the fills is also very uniform. Doing this with ink added more depth and a subtle but notable variation to the color.
- I like how you took a little bit of each of the ideas from the source images you found. Only thing that would take it to the next level would be to do something a little more dramatic with the composition. Content is different but composition is still very similar to the poster.
- Definitely met all the requirements and can tell at least 2-3 hours were easily invested into this project. It's reflected most notably in your craftsmanship. Overall It really is excellent!