About Ms Schmit
Hi! My name is Mrs. Elizabeth (Beth) Schmit. I am 33 years old and live in the Charlotte area with my Husband Brad, our cat Gizmo and our two Cockatiels, Ardin and Luna. I enjoy binge watching horror movies and spending time with friends and family. I started teaching in 2010 and am currently teaching at Northwest School of the Arts. I’m so excited to make this my best year yet!
Graduated May 2009 with a Bachelors of Fine Arts with Art Education as my major. I took a “General Emphasis” so I could have an experience with a diverse range of media including: ceramics, sculpture, small metals, book-making, printmaking, digital-media, analogue photography, painting-watercolor, acrylic, and oil), and drawing. More recently I've started to dive into fiber arts.
Currently developing a series of work centering around what inspires me. Using quotes from my personal heroes and words I live by, I develop illustrations around the hand lettered quotes for another layer of commentary to the visual message. I enjoy the visual “puny-ness” it expresses.
- From Salt Lake City, Utah
- Loves crocheting, knitting, and needle felting
- Loves gardening
- Worked for Castle of Chaos Haunted House (5 yrs): Started out as an actor ended up Head Makeup Artist, Creative Team member, Set Design/Construction/ and Dressing, Resident Artist, Manager, and security team member.
- At 16 my first job was working for a Geologist doing things like photo editing and final drafting of geological maps and cross-sections (7 yrs)
- Owned and operated Thirsty Nomad Brewing from 2016-2020 with her husband.
- Food: Hummus!
- Movie: The Princess Bride
- Music: Really do like everything, however the Beatles trump all.
- Books: Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux and American Gods by Neil Gaiman
- Personal Hero: Tim Rollins, Bill Watterson, Neil Gaiman, and His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama
- Artist: Brian Froud
- Fast-Food: Wendy's & Noodles ‘n Company
- Store: Michael’s, Home Depot, and Blazing Needles
- Dessert: Creme Brulee and frozen yogart
- Candy: Dark-chocolate covered almonds
- Restaurant: Olive Garden
- Animal: Owl